Established Oil and Gas Company focused on identifying resource plays and technology plays which will support the growth plans of the company through exploration, exploitation and acquisitions, is looking for a Senior Geologist to join their geoscience team in their Dallas, Texas area office. Candidate should be an experienced, proven professional who can handle moderately complex geologic assignments, develop new ideas with a moderate amount of direction, and supervise junior geologists and geo-techs. This person should be a fully qualified geologist who can manage a development project with minimal supervision.
· Identify, evaluate and make recommendations for new opportunities.
· Evaluate and make recommendations on outside prospect submittals.
· Prepare depositional environment, stratigraphic, structural and net pay geologic maps.
· Work with the senior geoscience staff to recommend and execute projects.
· Bachelors degree or higher in Geology or related field.
· 6+ years recent oil and gas industry related experience with some exploration experience in various basins.
· Should have a broad knowledge of resources play evaluations and development.
· Must have the desire to identify new opportunities and support these projects.
· Should have geological experience in Texas and the surrounding area.
· Ability to work within a team environment and possess strong communication skills.
· Proficiency in standard office productivity software. Must have recent geologic software experience in Petra or GeoGraphix, recent experience in SMT a plus.
· Should have presentation skills on a Play, Prospect and Project scale.
· Proficient working knowledge of petroleum systems, well operations and log interpretations.
· An understanding of risk analysis and new play economics will be required.
· Must be able and proficient at creating maps, cross-sections and other needed displays.
· Authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship.
If you are interested and possess the qualifications, please forward your resume immediately. Your information is CONFIDENTIAL. We will not forward it to anyone before discussing it with you. We will get your information in front of the hiring managers ASAP!
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org,
Apply online at www.energysearchassociates.com,
Or call Patrick Arens at 972-655-8023, for more information.