Dallas, Texas Location
Salary Commensurate with Skills and Experience
Dynamic, successful oil and gas company is seeking a Senior Geoscientist for new ventures and exploration opportunities in Unconventional Resource and/or Shale Plays.
- Evaluate basins for unconventional resource potential and execute large scale development.
- Provide regional play and prospect mapping.
- Recommend exploration opportunities through geophysics and geological analysis.
- Take lead role in well log interpretation, structural and stratigraphic mapping, core description and interpretation, and physical log interpretation.
- Generate structure and reservoir maps for field appraisal, development and reserve estimation.
- Coordinate with logging, sampling, and drilling vendors to insure data quality, archival, and real time communication.
- Contribute to the scoping and execution of new projects.
- Participate in special projects.
· BS and/or MS in Geology or Geophysics.
· 8+ years geoscience experience in the oil and gas industry.
· Geoscience experience evaluating Unconventional Resource and/or Shale Plays required.
· Permian Basin experience highly desired.
· Functional understanding of geology, geophysics, and reservoir characterization issues and how they relate to reservoir performance and development planning.
· Excellent computer skills. Knowledge of many software tools, databases, and libraries required to pull necessary data for making recommendations for exploration/acquisition ventures.
· Proven track record of value creation.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work as an integral part of the geoscience team.
Qualified candidates should immediately email a resume to: