- Geology Major
Recipient must be at least a sophomore at the time of application, and must have declared his or her major to be geology in an undergraduate program, or must be in a geology master’s degree program.
- College/University to be attended
Recipient must attend a college or university located in the State of Texas that offers a geology degree program.
- Academic Record
Recipient must have achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in his or her undergraduate program, and, if applicable, in his or her graduate program.
- High School in East Texas
Preference will be given to applicants who have attended high school in East Texas.
- Other Criteria
Recipient must demonstrate the motivation to pursue a career in geology by a written essay. Applicants should be available for a personal interview, if requested. Dependents of scholarship committee members are not eligible to apply.
Length of Support
The scholarship will be renewable for up to two years, if the recipient meets the following criteria:
- The recipient continues to pursue an undergraduate degree with a major in geology or a graduate degree in geology,
- The recipient is a full-time student, and
- The recipient maintains a minimum cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in his or her undergraduate program, and, if applicable, in his or her graduate program.
East Texas Communities Foundation Website.
*Note: The Application for 2016 will be posted by January 4.
If you would like to donate to the ETGS Scholarship Fund, please visit our Donate Page or make a check to the East Texas Geological Society and write "Scholarship Fund" in the memo line. Mail to: East Texas Geological Society, 102 North College Avenue, Suite 1200, Tyler, Texas 75702. Thank you!